- Nicknamed Pink as a kid because she would blush bright pink when embarrassed.
- As a youth, was the lead singer of two punk bands and sang gospel in all-black churches.
- Became a backup singer for the hip-hop group Schools of Thought at 14.
- Dropped out of high school at 15 and later earned her GED.
- Joined the R&B group Basic Instinct in 1996 and was later recruited for R&B trio Choice.
- After Choice disbanded, was signed as a solo artist by producer L.A. Reid to Babyface's LaFace label.
- Debut solo album, Can't Take Me Home (2000), went double platinum, and her 2001 sophomore effort, M!ssundaztood, went platinum five times over.
- Made her film debut in the 2002 remake of Rollerball and played a major role in the 2007 horror movie Catacombs.
- Reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the first time as a solo artist with the 2008 single "So What."
- Is a vegetarian and strong supporter of animal rights and PETA.
- 2010, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 2001, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 2003, Grammy — Best Female Rock Vocal Performance: Winner
- Willow Sage Hart — Daughter
- Carey Hart — Husband
- Judy Moore — Mother
- Jim Moore — Father
- Jason Moore — Brother
- Birth Name: Alecia Beth Moore
- Birth Place: Doylestown, PA
- Birthday: September 8, 1979, Virgo
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind