Talk about dedication: This crooner missed the birth of his second daughter, McKayla, because he was in Memphis auditioning for the sixth season of American Idol. But when he won a spot in the final 12, his wife presumably forgave him (or maybe she was just used to it: the ex-sailor had missed the birth of their first child, Chloe, because he was away in Navy boot camp). Unfortunately, despite having a lot of heart, his vocals didn't cut it and he became the seventh contestant voted off. A well-rounded artist who plays piano, guitar, bass and drums, Stacey pursued music from an early age. In high school, he formed the five-part doo-wop group Sexual Chocolate, which, despite its suggestive name, mostly performed at retirement homes. And while attending Tennessee's Lee University, he served as president of the choral group the Lee Singers. He even found time to pursue music while in the military, as the lead vocalist for the band Proud and as a member of the Navy Band Southeast. After participating in the 2007 American Idol tour, Stacey moved to Nashville with his family and released his debut album in 2008. His second studio album, Into the Light, came out in 2009, and features contemporary Christian music.
- His wife Kendra was the vice president of the Lee Singers while he was president.
- Was a worship leader at his church, First Coast Christian Center, in Jacksonville, FL.
- Needed permission from the Navy (which he received) to join the 2007 American Idol tour.
- Was one of a number of Christian artists, including fellow American Idol alum Chris Sligh, to participate in "Come Together Now," a song recorded to benefit relief charities after the 2010 Haiti earthquake.
- Gary Stacey — Father
- Keith Stacey — Brother
- McKayla Stacey — Daughter
- Rebecca — Sister
- Chloe Stacey — Daughter
- Kendra Stacey — Wife
- Adrell Stacey — Mother
- Lee University, Cleveland, Tennessee, United States (BA in Music, 2002)
- Birth Place: Kentucky, United States
- Profession: Reality show contestant, Musician
Trending TonightSee all »
6:00 pm | TBS
I’ll Watch117 Watching
9:00 pm | A&E
I’ll Watch66 Watching
8:30 pm | TBS
I’ll Watch48 Watching