Phil Donahue Celebrity Watchlist
- Began his broadcasting career in radio, working as a station news director.
- His talk show premiered in Dayton, OH, in 1967 and went national three years later.
- Most frequent guest was consumer advocate Ralph Nader, who appeared on the show 34 times between 1968 and '96.
- Met second wife Marlo Thomas when she was a guest on his show in 1977.
- Penned the autobiography Donahue: My Own Story in 1980 and the book The Human Animal in 1985.
- Appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2010 with fellow talkers Sally Jessy Raphael, Geraldo Rivera, Ricki Lake and Montel Williams.
- Has won 20 Daytime Emmys, including one for lifetime achievement.
- 1980, Peabody — Personal Award: Winner
- Catherine McClory Donahue — Mother
- Jim Donahue — Son
- Mary Rose Donahue — Daughter
- Marlo Thomas — Wife
- Phillip Donahue — Father
- Michael Donahue — Son
- Kevin Donahue — Son
- Margaret Mary Cooney — Ex-wife
- Daniel Donahue — Son
- University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN (BBA, 1957)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Charlie RoseBuy New: $24.95
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York