- When he was 8, his family lived in Hong Kong for several years.
- Studied to be a music conductor.
- Plays classical piano.
- Played piano and studied acting at the Santa Barbara Repertory Company.
- First television directorial effort was a 1985 ABC Afterschool Special called One Too Many, which starred his then-wife Michelle Pfeiffer.
- In 2005, co-produced and directed the pilot episode of Grey's Anatomy.
- Signed with Touchstone to act as a consultant for the 2006 series Six Degrees.
- An active environmentalist; has worked with campaigns for the Environmental Media Association.
- 2006, Emmy — Outstanding Drama Series: Nominee
- 2005, Emmy — Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Drama Series: Nominee
- Nicole Deputron — Wife
- Michelle Pfeiffer — Ex-wife
- Joanne Horton — Mother
- Ruby Horton — Daughter
- Lily Horton — Daughter
- Attended Principia College, Elsah, IL; University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
- Birth Place: Bellevue, WA
- Profession: Actor, Director, Producer, Composer
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead