Peter Graves Celebrity Watchlist
- In high school, he was captain of the track team and a high hurdler; won the state title in high hurdles his junior year.
- After high school, he joined the U.S. Army, where he played in the band.
- While his brother, James Arness, slightly altered the family name (Aurness) for his acting moniker, Peter decided to adopt his maternal grandfather's name, Graves.
- Made his film debut in 1951's Rogue River.
- Signature role was Jim Phelps on the TV series Mission: Impossible.
- 1969, Emmy — Outstanding Continued Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Series: Nominee
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Informational Series: Winner
- 1971, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Winner
- 1970, Golden Globe — Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1969, Golden Globe — Actor in a Television Series: Nominee
- Claudia King — Daughter
- James Arness — Brother
- Ruth Aurness — Mother
- Amanda Graves — Daughter
- Joan Endress — Wife
- Kelly Jean — Daughter
- Rolf Aurness — Father
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN (BA, 1949)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York