- Father was a bullfighter in Spain.
- Took her stage name, Vega, from her grandmother's last name.
- Studied journalism before focusing on her acting career.
- Made her TV debut on the Spanish series Menudo es mi padre.
- Was the first actress to earn two Goya Award nominations for two different roles in two different categories in the same year: she was nominated for best leading actress for Sólo Mía and won best new actress for Lucía y el Sexo.
- Made her English-language debut opposite Adam Sandler in 2004 drama Spanglish, despite not previously knowing any English.
- Became the face for L'Oreal Spain in 2011.
- Supports the non-profit organization Global Impact.
- 2002, Goya Awards — Best Leading Actress: Nominee
- Ava Salazar — Daughter
- Orson Salazar — Son
- Orson Salazar — Husband
- Lenon Salazar — Son
- Attended Centro Andaluz de Teatro, Sevilla, Spain
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative