- Began struggling with agoraphobia in her teens.
- Launched her catering business in Savannah with $200.
- In 1999, USA Today gave her restaurant, The Lady and Sons, the Most Memorable Meal of the Year Award.
- Played Orlando Bloom's aunt in the 2005 film Elizabethtown.
- Penned a memoir in 2007 titled Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin'.
- Served as the grand marshal of the 2011 Tournament of Roses Parade.
- In January 2012, she revealed that she has Type 2 diabetes.
- Does charity work with the Bethesda Academy, Feeding America and Smithfield Foods Helping Hungry Homes.
- Among the variety of products launched by Paula Deen Enterprises: cookware, dishes, sauces, furniture and greeting cards.
- Bobby Deen — Son
- Corrie Hiers — Aunt
- Michelle — Stepdaughter
- Michael Groover — Husband
- Anthony — Stepson
- Earl Hiers — Father
- Jimmy Deen — Ex-husband
- Earl 'Uncle Bubba' Hiers — Brother
- Jamie Deen — Son
Season 1, Episode 22
- Birth Name: Paula Hiers
- Birth Place: Albany, GA
- Birthday: January 19, 1947, Capricorn
- Profession: Celebrity cook, TV host, Restaurateur, Author