Paul Sparks Fast Facts:
Studied chemical engineering in Oklahoma before moving on to drama at New York University, where he also minored in philosophy.
- Appeared as an understudy in Richard Greenberg's Take Me Out in 2003, but considers his Broadway debut a starring role in a 2009 revival of Henrik Ibsen's Hedda Gabler, costarring Mary-Louise Parker.
- Earned fifth Drama Desk Award nomination for Stephen Belber's Dusk Rings a Bell in 2011; his first was in 2000 for Bruce Graham's Coyote on a Fence.
- Has type 1 diabetes, and ran his first marathon—in 3:52:46, by the way—in New York City in 2011 to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation; he's since become an avid runner.
- Paul Sparks Relationships:
- Mike Sparks - Father
- Annie Parisse - Wife
- Jane Sparks - Mother
- Emmett - Son
- Paul Sparks Awards:
- 2010 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Winner
- 2011 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Winner
- 2012 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Nominee
- 2014 Independent Spirit Awards: Robert Altman Award - Winner
- Attended Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY (BFA in Drama, 1995)