- Is named after World War II's Gen. George S. Patton Jr.
- Penned stories for DC Comics featuring Batman and the heroes of Justice League America.
- Lent his voice to characters in the Grand Theft Auto video-game franchise.
- Released a book of essays and sketches titled Zombie Spaceship Wasteland in 2011.
- 2012, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Supporting Actor: Nominee
- 2015, Writers Guild Awards — Comedy/Variety - Music, Awards, Tributes - Specials: Nominee
- Carla Oswalt — Mother
- Michelle McNamara — Wife (deceased)
- Larry J. Oswalt — Father
- Matt Oswalt — Brother
- Alice Rigney Oswalt — Daughter
- College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, United States (BA in English, 1991)
Season 6, Episode 19
- Birth Name: Patton Peter Oswalts
- Birth Place: Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
- Birthday: January 27, 1969, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor, Producer, Writer, Comedian