- His father, a news anchorman, and his mother, a voice teacher, have also worked as professional singers.
- Won the Charles Willard Memorial Award for Undergraduate Excellence in Music Theatre while attending Carnegie-Mellon University.
- In 1999, made Broadway debut in the musical Fascinating Rhythm.
- His breakthrough role was as Joe Pitt in the HBO miniseries Angels in America (2003).
- Appeared alongside Claire Danes in a 2007 GAP commercial that featured the pair dancing to "Anything You Can Do."
- Headlined a 2012 concert, along with his brothers Mark and Paul, benefiting Paws for Patriots, an organization that trains guide dogs for visually impaired veterans.
- Has appeared as a soloist with Tampa Bay's Mostly Pops Orchestra.
- 2004, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2016, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2001, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- 2002, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actor in a Movie Made for Television or Limited Series: Nominee
- 2004, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- Kassian McCarrell Wilson — Son
- Paul Wilson — Brother
- Dagmara Dominczyk — Wife
- John Wilson — Father
- Mark Wilson — Brother
- Mary K. Wilson — Mother
- Kalin Patrick Wilson — Son
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA (BFA in Drama, 1995)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Patrick Joseph Wilson
- Birth Place: Norfolk, VA
- Birthday: July 3, 1973, Cancer
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet