- Is of Han Chinese descent; both parents are Canadian immigrants from Hong Kong.
- Speaks English, French and Cantonese fluently.
- Learned to skate at age 5. Initially wanted to be a hockey player before becoming interested in figure skating.
- Planned to pursue a B.A. in economics, business and international languages, but deferred his college acceptance in order to continue his training. Currently studies English and math on his own.
- Was named the 2007 Chinese Canadian Youth of the Year by the Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto. A year later, received the Asian of the Year award in arts and sports by Asia Network magazine.
- Is the youngest skater to have won the Canadian men's championship, which he first achieved in 2008 at age 17. He also won the next four consecutive years.
- As of 2013, is a three-time world champion, with wins in London (2013), Nice (2012) and Moscow (2011) and holds the Guinness world records for short program, free program and total score.
- Holds professional speaking engagements for sports groups, community groups, businesses and schools.
- Lewis Chan — Father
- Karen Chan — Mother
- Birth Name: Patrick Lewis Wai-Kuan Chan
- Birth Place: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Birthday: December 31, 1990, Capricorn
- Profession: Figure skater
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet