- Moved a lot as a child because of her father's military career.
- Was a cheerleader for the Denver Broncos at the age of 19; quit after two months.
- Entered beauty contests to try to win money for college.
- Was a backup singer for Bobby Womack and Sly Stone.
- In 1998, received NAACP Image Award and Screen Actors Guild Award nominations for Outstanding Lead Actress for her comeback role in Jackie Brown.
- Earned a Daytime Emmy Award nomination in 2000 for her work on the animated HBO series Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child.
- Is cofounder of Melting Pot Designs, a company that designs paper products and specialty items.
- Penned a memoir in 2010 titled Foxy: My Life in Three Acts, in which she revealed details about a childhood rape and a cervical-cancer diagnosis.
- Considers herself a "country girl" and calls her rural Colorado home her "sanctuary."
- 1998, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1997, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- Jennifer Grier-Fairweather — Sister
- Richard Pryor — Ex-significant Other
- Freddie Prinze — Ex-significant Other
- Kevin Evans — Ex-fiancé
- Gina Grier-Townsie — Sister
- Gwendolyn Samuels — Mother
- Rod Grier — Brother
- Clarence Grier — Father
- Rosey Grier — Cousin
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar — Ex-significant Other
- Attended Metropolitan State College, Denver, CO; attended University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Birth Name: Pamela Suzette Grier
- Birth Place: Winston-Salem, NC
- Birthday: May 26, 1949, Gemini
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind
Charlie Rose with Gay Talese; Ilene Chaiken, Jennifer Beals, Pam Grier & Mia Kirshner (January 23, 2004)
By Charlie Rose, Inc.Buy New: $24.95
By MGM (Video & DVD)Buy New: $29.98
By AV AkademikerverlagBuy New: $55.00