Although this comely brunette initially dreamed of rock-and-roll stardom, acting was her destiny. After fronting the band Sleeping Pills in New York and San Francisco, Brewster got her first taste of on-camera work as the host of her own local Bay Area talk show in the mid-'90s. In 1996, she relocated to Los Angeles and filmed a couple of pilots that were never picked up. Unfortunately, this turned out to be prophetic, and over the years, Brewster jokingly became known as a series killer since so many of her shows were short-lived---if they made it on the air at all. A recurring role as Joey's (and later Chandler's) quirky girlfriend on Friends and regular parts on the cult comedy Andy Richter Controls the Universe and the prematurely canceled Huff endeared her to viewers. But it wasn't until 2006 that Brewster finally hooked up with a stable series, when she joined the cast of the CBS crime drama Criminal Minds as FBI agent Emily Prentiss. Brewster has also maintained an active sideline in voiceover work, having played recurring characters on Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law and American Dad!, among others.
- Moved to New York in 1987 and sang in the rock band Sleeping Pills; moved to San Francisco with the group in 1995 and attended the Jean Shelton Acting Studio.
- Hosted a local late-night talk show (The Paget Show) in San Francisco in 1995 for 65 episodes.
- Made her TV debut playing Joey's---and later Chandler's---girlfriend in the fourth season of Friends.
- Voiced the character of Audrey on the animated Godzilla: The Series.
- Series-regular roles include Beth Huffstodt on the Showtime dramedy Huff and Emily Prentiss on the CBS crime drama Criminal Minds.
- Jay Johnston — Ex-significant Other
- Hathaway Brewster — Mother
- Galen Brewster — Father
- Attended Parsons School of Design, New York, NY
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Concord, MA
- Birthday: March 10, 1969, Pisces
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
Get a first look at Paget Brewster's return