- Has a seven-inch scar on her right arm as the result of a car accident when she was 14.
- Was discovered by an agent while sitting in a café in Spain.
- Has released cookbooks Easy Exotic: Low-Fat Recipes From Around the World in 1999 and Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet: A World of Recipes for Every Day in 2007.
- Is fluent in five languages.
- Made her film debut in Glitter in 2001.
- Joined Bravo's Top Chef as the host for the second season, in 2006.
- Launched a tabletop collection in 2013.
- Cofounded the Endometriosis Foundation of America, which raises awareness and funds research for the disease.
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Reality/Competition Program: Nominee
- 2016, Producers Guild Awards — Outstanding Producer of Competition Television: Nominee
- 2015, Emmy — Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Nominee
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Nominee
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Nominee
- Salman Rushdie — Ex-husband
- Vijaya — Mother
- Krishna Thea Lakshmi-Dell — Daughter
- Adam Dell — Ex-significant Other
- Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States (BA in Theater Arts, 1992)
- Birth Name: Padma Parvati Lakshmi
- Birth Place: Madras, India
- Birthday: September 1, 1970, Virgo
- Profession: TV-show host, Actor, Model