- Was originally a boxer like his father, but was encouraged by friends to pursue acting.
- Won the Cesar Award for Most Promising Actor for his role in the 1993 French film Un Deux Trois Soleil.
- Was labeled the "French Brad Pitt" early in his career, a moniker he disliked because he wanted to be judged on his own terms.
- Dated pop singer Kylie Minogue for four years, during which time she successfully battled breast cancer; she has credited him for helping with her recovery.
- Says he did not film any nude scenes in the 2002 drama Unfaithful because he is shy and will not "play naked."
- Has said that, unlike other actors, he doesn't try to be "in the character's skin," because he doesn't think "truth and fiction mix up."
- 0, — :
- 0, — :
- 1993, Prix Jean-Gabin — Jean-Gabin Award: Winner
- Nahla Aubrey — Stepdaughter
- Mira Sorvino — Ex-significant Other
- Juliette Binoche — Ex-significant Other
- Maceo-Robert Martinez — Son
- Robert Martinez — Father
- Rosemarie Martinez — Mother
- Kylie Minogue — Ex-significant Other
- Halle Berry — Wife (separated)
- Vincent Martinez — Brother
- Attended the French National Academy of Dramatic Arts, Paris, France
- Birth Place: Paris, France
- Birthday: January 12, 1966, Capricorn
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay