With her star-bright smile and sassy sense of humor, this former print model melted the hearts of countless video gamers and sci-fi fans when she became the cohost of G4's cutting-edge tech-news series Attack of the Show
in 2006. Born in Oklahoma but raised in Japan, Munn appeared in a number of commercials before making the leap to TV, landing gigs as a sidelines reporter for Fox Sports and bit parts in a few films. The same year she became G4's resident bombshell, Munn made her TV acting debut on the teen-oriented surfing series Beyond the Break
. Her career kicked into high gear in 2010 when she was tapped to star in the TV series Perfect Couples
, served as a correspondent on The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
, starred in the film Iron Man 2
and authored the book Suck It, Wonder Woman: The Misadventures of a Hollywood Geek
. Away from the limelight, she enjoys surfing.Olivia Munn Fast Facts:
- Spent much of her early life in Japan, after her parents divorced and her mother married a man enlisted in the Air Force. She eventually returned to America to try to break into the entertainment industry.
- Has starred in TV commercials for McDonald's, Nike and Pepsi.
- Covered womens' basketball and college football as a sidelines reporter/interviewer for Fox Sports.
- Made her TV acting debut in 2006 as Mily Acuna on The N's teen surfing drama Beyond the Break.
- Has hosted G4's entertainment and technology news series Attack of the Show, the network's Formula D (a show about Japanese "drift" racing in the U.S.) and The Daily Nut podcast.
- Played a receptionist in Rob Schneider's directorial debut, the conman comedy Big Stan (2007).
- Served as a correspondent on The Daily Show With Jon Stewart.
- Authored the 2010 book Suck It, Wonder Woman: The Misadventures of a Hollywood Geek.
- In 2010, appeared on a provocative billboard for PETA to bring attention to the unethical treatment of circus elephants.
- Olivia Munn Relationships:
- Joel Kinnaman - Ex-significant Other
- Kim Munn - Mother
- Sam Munn - Father
- John Boyd - Brother
- Sara Potts - Sister
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, United States (2002)