Oliver Platt Celebrity
- Second cousin once-removed to the late Diana, Princess of Wales. Also a distant cousin of Orson Welles.
- Did voice work on Sesame Street's 1999 film Cinderelmo as the Fairy GodPerson.
- Turned down a role on The Practice.
- Became friends with Huff costar Hank Azaria when they both attended Tufts University.
- Starred as Nathan Detroit in a 2009 Broadway revival of Guys and Dolls.
- His success in non-leading roles is powered by his enjoyment of them, as he notes that "there are aspects to being a character actor where you actually get offered more interesting roles" than lead work.
- A big fan of TV series ranging to Cake Boss to Friday Night Lights.
- Loves voice-recognition software.
- 2006, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2001, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2005, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2006, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Nominee
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Camilla Campbell — Wife
- Sheila Maynard — Mother
- Lili Platt — Daughter
- Claire Platt — Daughter
- Nicholas Platt — Father
- Nicholas Platt Jr. — Brother
- Adam Platt — Brother
- George Platt — Son
- Tufts University, Medford, MA (BA in Drama, 1983)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Charlie RoseUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 10:53 PM UTC - more info)