- Spent three years as a U.S. Air Force tail gunner in the Pacific theatre during World War II.
- Befriended Marlon Brando early in his career, and Brando suggested he study acting with Stella Adler. Later, Fell enrolled in the Actors Studio.
- Appeared in more than 150 plays and TV shows while living in New York during the 1950s.
- Starred in the pilot for The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. in 1966, but at the last minute was replaced by the younger Noel Harrison.
- Shot one of the first American Express "Do You Know Me?" commercials in 1974.
- Was inducted into Philadelphia's Central High School Hall of Fame in 1976.
- 1979, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 1976, Emmy — Outstanding Single Performance by a Supporting Actor: Nominee
- Diane Weiss — Ex-wife
- Mara Fell Polan — Daughter
- Karen Weingard — Ex-wife
- Tracy Fell Klorman — Daughter
- Casey Evan Fell — Son
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States (BA in Drama, 1950)
Season 3, Episode 18
- Birth Name: Norman Noah Feld
- Birth Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Birthday: May 24, 1924, Gemini
- Died: December 14, 1998
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: