- Cites both her Colombian roots and her high-school years at a New England boarding school as influences on her style.
- Worked in public relations at Perry Ellis and as an assistant stylist and market editor at Mirabella magazine early in her fashion career.
- Was named fashion director at Elle magazine in 2000.
- Was named fashion director at Marie Claire magazine in 2008; was promoted to the position of creative director at Marie Claire in 2012.
- Is the author of several fashion and style guides, including 2010's Nina Garcia's Look Book: What to Wear for Every Occasion.
- David Conrod — Husband
- Lucas Alexander Conrod — Son
- Alexander David Conrod — Son
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States; Attended l'Ecole Superieure des Arts et techniques de la Mode, Paris France; Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, New York, United States (BS in Marketing, 1992)
- Birth Name: Ninotchka Garcia
- Birth Place: Barranquilla, Colombia
- Profession: Fashion editor, Author, Reality show judge
Trending TonightSee all »
Can the Time After Time stars, who were nearly unrecognizable with facial hair, recognize other actors by only seeing their facial hair?