- Her father was Britain's Chancellor of the Exchequer under Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, and her mother was an heiress to the Lyons Corner House empire.
- Began her career as a book editor and restaurant reviewer.
- Became deputy literary editor of London's Sunday Times in 1986.
- Embarked on a freelance career and wrote for several newspapers and magazines, including The New York Times and British Vogue.
- Published her first cookbook, How to Eat, in 1998.
- Hosted her first TV cooking show, Nigella Bites, in 1999.
- Was named British Book Awards Author of the Year in 2001 for her second book, How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking.
- Was listed as one of People's 50 Most Beautiful People in 2002.
- Introduced the Living Kitchen line of products in 2003.
- Known for her voluptuousness and flirty manner, she's been dubbed "the queen of food porn."
- John Diamond — Husband (deceased)
- Nigel Lawson — Father
- Thomasina Hill — Sister
- Charles Saatchi — Husband (separated)
- Vanessa Salmon — Mother
- Bruno — Son
- Cosima — Daughter
- Dominic Lawson — Brother
- Horatia Lawson — Sister
- University of Oxford, Lady Margaret Hall College, Oxford, England (BA in Medieval and Modern Languages)
- Birth Name: Nigella Lucy Lawson
- Birth Place: London, England
- Profession: Chef, Cookbook author, Journalist
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead