- Ancestry is African American and Cherokee Indian.
- Won a best-actress award in a statewide Maryland high-school competition.
- Got her break starring in the Showtime series Soul Food (2000-04).
- Starred in 2004 with her husband, Boris Kodjoe (whom she met while working on Soul Food), in the UPN sitcom Second Time Around.
- Had singing parts in Soul Food and in a guest appearance on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
- Is a published poet.
- Because their daughter Sophie has spina bifida, she and Kodjoe founded Sophie's Voice Foundation to provide information and support to others dealing with the condition.
- 1997, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Donald Parker — Father
- Joseph Falasca — Ex-husband
- Sophie Tei-Naaki Lee Kodjoe — Daughter
- Nicolas Neruda Kodjoe — Son
- Susan Parker — Mother
- Boris Kodjoe — Husband
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY (1993)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Baltimore, MD
- Birthday: October 7, 1970, Libra
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay