This hunky singer was studying sports medicine when he dropped out of college to join the vocal group 98 Degrees. His gamble paid off---even if the outfit wasn't the most successful of the wave of late-'90s boy bands. In 2002, Lachey raised his profile considerably by marrying pop princess Jessica Simpson. Together the couple launched the wildly popular MTV reality series Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica in 2003, which featured Lachey suffering his bride's addle-brained antics. Although both their stars were on the rise with acting gigs and a handful of prime-time variety specials, the couple split in 2005, and Lachey began dating TV personality Vanessa Minnillo the following year. Post-Newlyweds, Lachey has kept busy with music-related TV work, hosting the reality competitions The Sing-off and High School Musical: Get in the Picture, as well as coaching competitors on NBC's Clash of the Choirs.
- Recorded songs for the animated movies Mulan (2000) and Pokemon: The First Movie (2000) with his boy band, 98 Degrees.
- Released his debut solo album, SoulO, in 2003.
- Performed "It's Not Unusual" on a 2004 episode of American Dreams, in which he portrayed singer Tom Jones.
- Became a football correspondent for ESPN's College GameDay in 2005.
- Appeared as himself on several episodes of the CW drama One Tree Hill.
- Phoenix Robert Lachey — Son
- Brooklyn Elisabeth Lachey — Daughter
- Jessica Simpson — Ex-wife
- John Lachey — Father
- Kaitlin — Sister
- Josie — Stepsister
- Vanessa Lachey — Wife
- Cate Fopma-Leimbach — Mother
- Issac — Half Brother
- Timothy — Brother
- Zac — Brother
- Sally — Sister
- Drew Lachey — Brother
- Camden John Lachey — Son
- Attended University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States; attended Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, United States
- Birth Name: Nicholas Scott Lachey
- Birth Place: Harlan, Kentucky, United States
- Profession: Singer, Reality cast member, Actor