This hunky singer was studying sports medicine when he dropped out of college to join the vocal group 98 Degrees. His gamble paid off---even if the outfit wasn't the most successful of the wave of late-'90s boy bands. In 2002, Lachey raised his profile considerably by marrying pop princess Jessica Simpson. Together the couple launched the wildly popular MTV reality series Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica
in 2003, which featured Lachey suffering his bride's addle-brained antics. Although both their stars were on the rise with acting gigs and a handful of prime-time variety specials, the couple split in 2005, and Lachey began dating TV personality Vanessa Minnillo the following year. Post-Newlyweds
, Lachey has kept busy with music-related TV work, hosting the reality competitions The Sing-off
and High School Musical: Get in the Picture
, as well as coaching competitors on NBC's Clash of the Choirs
.Nick Lachey Fast Facts:
- Recorded songs for the animated movies Mulan (2000) and Pokemon: The First Movie (2000) with his boy band, 98 Degrees.
- Released his debut solo album, SoulO, in 2003.
- Performed "It's Not Unusual" on a 2004 episode of American Dreams, in which he portrayed singer Tom Jones.
- Became a football correspondent for ESPN's College GameDay in 2005.
- Appeared as himself on several episodes of the CW drama One Tree Hill.
- Nick Lachey Relationships:
- Jessica Simpson - Ex-wife
- John Lachey - Father
- Kaitlin - Sister
- Josie - Stepsister
- Vanessa Lachey - Wife
- Cate Fopma-Leimbach - Mother
- Issac - Half Brother
- Timothy - Brother
- Zac - Brother
- Drew Lachey - Brother
- Sally - Sister
- Camden John Lachey - Son
- Attended University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; attended Miami University, Oxford, OH