- Was a box-office worker for Toronto's Second City comedy troupe. When a performer didn't show up, she filled in at the last minute, and earned herself a spot in the troupe.
- Originally wrote My Big Fat Greek Wedding as one-woman play. Actress Rita Wilson, a fellow Greek, saw the play and recommended it to husband Tom Hanks, who helped turn it into a film.
- Wrote first draft of the screenplay for My Big Fat Greek Wedding in just two weeks.
- With husband Ian Gomez, adopted a daughter in 2008.
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2003, Writers Guild Awards — Original Screenplay: Nominee
- 2003, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Debut Performance: Winner
- 2002, Oscar — Best Writing (Original Screenplay): Nominee
- 2003, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Writer: Nominee
- 2003, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2003, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Ian Gómez — Husband
- Nancy Vardalos Ginakes — Sister
- Marianne — Sister
- Constantine Vardalos — Father
- Doreen Vardalos — Mother
- Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (BFA in Theatre)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Antonia Eugenia Vardalos
- Birth Place: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Birthday: September 24, 1962, Libra
- Profession: Actor, Screenwriter, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
How will he manage this one?