Nia Vardalos Celebrity Watchlist
- Was a box-office worker for Toronto's Second City comedy troupe. When a performer didn't show up, she filled in at the last minute, and earned herself a spot in the troupe.
- Originally wrote My Big Fat Greek Wedding as one-woman play. Actress Rita Wilson, a fellow Greek, saw the play and recommended it to husband Tom Hanks, who helped turn it into a film.
- Wrote first draft of the screenplay for My Big Fat Greek Wedding in just two weeks.
- With husband Ian Gomez, adopted a daughter in 2008.
- 2003, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2002, Oscar — Best Writing (Original Screenplay): Nominee
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Marianne — Sister
- Constantine Vardalos — Father
- Doreen Vardalos — Mother
- Nancy Vardalos Ginakes — Sister
- Ian Gómez — Husband
- Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (BFA in Theatre)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood