- Her name, Nia, comes from the fifth day of Kwanzaa and represents "life purpose."
- Was coached in acting for 15 years by Betty Bridges, mother of Todd Bridges.
- Began her career with an uncredited appearance in a 1986 episode of the sitcom 227.
- Won back-to-back Image Awards for her role in Third Watch (2004 and 2005).
- Received the first Essence of Being Extraordinary Award from the charity HerShe Group, which gives assistance to girls in foster care as they transition into adulthood.
- Posed naked for a PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) ad in 2009.
- Djamila Long — Half Sister
- Doughtry Long — Father
- Chris Webber — Ex-significant Other
- Massai Zhivago Dorsey II — Son
- Talita Long — Mother
- Ime Udoka — Significant Other
- Kez Sunday Udoka — Son
- Massai Dorsey — Ex-fiancé
- Attended Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, CA
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
By A&E Home VideoBuy New: $24.98
Nia Long Is Talented and Fine Entertaining Us: This lady becomes the character in the movies (Thru the years always loving Nia Long Movies) (Volume 1)
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformBuy New: $317.89
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage