- Received his first guitar on his 16th birthday.
- Sang in the Erasmus Hall High School chorus with fellow Brooklynite Barbra Streisand. The two would later collaborate on the duet "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" in 1978.
- Was in his senior year at NYU when he was offered a songwriting contract; dropped out of college six months short of completing to pursue his musical career.
- Composed hit songs for Jay and the Americans, the Monkees and other artists before releasing his own albums.
- Was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 14, 2011.
- As of 2011, is No. 2 on Billboard's list of The 50 Best Adult Contemporary Artists Ever (Elton John holds the No. 1 spot).
- 1973, Grammy — Best Score Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media: Winner
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Special - Comedy-Variety or Music: Nominee
- 1977, Emmy — Outstanding Special - Comedy-Variety or Music: Nominee
- 1981, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1974, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1974, Golden Globe — Best Original Score - Motion Picture: Winner
- 1981, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Marcia Murphey — Ex-wife
- Akeeba 'Kieve' Diamond — Father
- Micah Diamond — Son
- Elyn Diamond — Daughter
- Jaye Posner — Ex-wife
- Jesse Diamond — Son
- Harvey Diamond — Brother
- Marjorie Diamond — Daughter
- Katie McNeil — Wife
- Rose Diamond — Mother
- Attended New York University, New York, NY
Trending TonightSee all »
By ColumbiaTemporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item. Buy New: $12.58 (as of 1:58 AM UTC - more info)
By ImportUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $40.99 (as of 1:58 AM UTC - more info)
By Hal LeonardUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $13.42 (as of 1:58 AM UTC - more info)