- Acclaimed debut album, Illmatic (1994), spawned several hit singles and established him as a rising hip-hop star.
- Made his big-screen debut opposite rapper DMX in the 1998 crime drama Belly.
- Scored his biggest commercial hits with the back-to-back double-platinum albums It Was Written (1996) and I Am... (1999).
- Collaborated with his jazz musician father, Olu Dara, on "Bridging the Gap," from Nas' 2004 double album, Streets Disciple.
- Vied with Jay-Z for the East Coast rap crown following the 1997 death of rapper Notorious B.I.G.; the pair finally settled their feud in 2005, and went on to collaborate in the studio.
- Named No. 5 on MTV's list of the 10 Greatest MCs of All Time in 2006.
- Fannie Ann Jones — Mother
- Destiny — Daughter
- Olu Dara — Father
- Knight Jones — Son
- Kelis — Ex-wife
- Carmen Bryan — Ex-significant Other
Next On TVSee all »
Tue Oct 25 5:00am
Billy on the Street — Do You Think Gisele Bundchen Understands the Jokes on Portlandia?, with Nas and Ashley BensonSeason 4, Episode 22 truTVI’ll Watch2 Watching
- Birth Name: Nasir Bin Olu Dara Jones
- Birth Place: Queens, NY
- Profession: Rapper, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead