- Acclaimed debut album, Illmatic (1994), spawned several hit singles and established him as a rising hip-hop star.
- Made his big-screen debut opposite rapper DMX in the 1998 crime drama Belly.
- Scored his biggest commercial hits with the back-to-back double-platinum albums It Was Written (1996) and I Am... (1999).
- Collaborated with his jazz musician father, Olu Dara, on "Bridging the Gap," from Nas' 2004 double album, Streets Disciple.
- Vied with Jay-Z for the East Coast rap crown following the 1997 death of rapper Notorious B.I.G.; the pair finally settled their feud in 2005, and went on to collaborate in the studio.
- Named No. 5 on MTV's list of the 10 Greatest MCs of All Time in 2006.
- Fannie Ann Jones — Mother
- Destiny — Daughter
- Olu Dara — Father
- Knight Jones — Son
- Kelis — Ex-wife
- Carmen Bryan — Ex-significant Other
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood