Nadine Velazquez Celebrity
This stunning Latina started out as a model and commercial actress before landing a recurring rule on the daytime soap The Bold and the Beautiful in 2003. After a few bit parts on the big screen, the bilingual beauty got her breakout role as Catalina, a sw… (more)
Birth Place: Chicago, IL
Birthday: November 20, 1978, Scorpio
This stunning Latina started out as a model and commercial actress before landing a recurring rule on the daytime soap The Bold and the Beautiful in 2003. After a few bit parts on the big screen, the bilingual beauty got her breakout role as Catalina, a sweet but dippy motel maid on My Name Is Earl in 2005. The character was originally written to be a Russian, but the producers made her Latina after seeing Velazquez's audition. She stayed with the series throughout its entire four-year run, scoring a 2009 ALMA Award nomination for Best Actress in a Television Comedy. After the show ended, Velazquez continued to work on TV, landing guest spots on shows such as CSI:NY, and the FX fantasy-football series The League. She returned to her modeling roots for her own 2009 calendar, showcasing the assets that have often landed her on Maxim's Hot 100 list. As she told Stuff magazine, "I've always been comfortable with my body. My parents have great genes, so I know I don't have to work at it obsessively." She even admits to having weaknesses for sweets and fried foods.
- Idolized the TV character Punky Brewster while growing up.
- First went to a talent agency by herself when she was just 13. Though she was turned away because she didn't have her parents' permission, she returned after high school to work as an assistant.
- Was in the Puerto Rican Parade every year when she lived in Chicago.
- Took her best guess at a Russian accent when auditioning for the role of a Russian maid for My Name Is Earl. The character's ethnicity was then changed, allowing Nadine to draw from her Puerto Rican-American background.
- In 2006, she performed in the premiere run of the monologue show Skirts & Flirts at the Hudson Mainstage Theatre in L.A.
- Made a 2009 calendar.
- Was nominated for a 2009 ALMA Award for Best Actress in a Television Comedy.
- Admits to having a weakness for sweets and fried foods, especially French fries.
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Marc Provissiero — Husband
- Columbia College, Chicago, IL (BA in Marketing, 2001)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By PBS (DIRECT)Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.76 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By Sony Pictures Home EntertainmentUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $22.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)