- During World War II, served in the Canadian Army and emceed shows for the troops.
- Performed in musical and dramatic stage productions while studying chemistry at the University of Manitoba.
- Moved to New York in 1955 to anchor the NBC radio program Monitor.
- Created the game show Let's Make a Deal, which premiered on December 30, 1963.
- Honored with Canada's highest award, the Order of Canada, in 1988 for his humanitarian work with multiple charitable organizations around the world.
- Received the 2005 Ralph Edwards Award from the Game Show Congress for career community service.
- The probability puzzle known as the Monty Hall Problem stems from the mathematical odds of winning the big prize on Let's Make a Deal, and has been featured on programs like NUMB3RS and in the movie 21.
- Richard Hall — Son
- Rose Halparin — Mother
- Sharon Hall — Daughter
- Marilyn Hall — Wife
- Maurice Halparin — Father
- Joanna Gleason — Daughter
- Robert Hall — Brother
- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (BS, 1946)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Monte Halparin
- Birth Place: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Profession: Emcee, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Walking Dead returns to a mysterious colony with a lot of guns
By Dover PublicationsBuy New: $14.95
By Lulu.comBuy New: $10.50
By Oxford University PressBuy New: $28.95