- Enlisted in the Marines in 1974 and later joined the Navy; served in the military for 15 years.
- Started giving motivational speeches around the U.S. in 1988.
- Received Daytime Emmy nominations in 1996 and 2001, and two in 2002. He won the award for Outstanding Talk Show Host in 1996.
- Was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1999 and has since established the Montel Williams Foundation, which raises awareness for the disease and provides money for research.
- Has written a number of best-selling books, including 1996's Mountain, Get Out of My Way: Life Lessons and Learned Truths.
- Supports the legalization of medical marijuana.
- In 2006, he became the national spokesperson for the Partnership for Prescription Assistance, which works to extend prescription-drug help to all Americans.
- Montel Brian Hank Williams II — Son
- Tara Fowler — Wife
- Ashley Williams — Daughter
- Marjorie Hines — Sister
- Wyntergrace Williams — Daughter
- Grace Morley — Ex-wife
- Herman Williams — Brother
- Herman Williams — Father
- Marjorie Williams — Mother
- Clolita Williams — Sister
- Maressa Williams — Daughter
- Rochele See — Ex-wife
- United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD (BS in Engineering, 1980)
- Birth Name: Montel Brian Hank Williams
- Birth Place: Baltimore, MD
- Birthday: July 3, 1956, Cancer
- Profession: Talk-show host, Producer, Actor, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet