- Before she became a stand-up comic, her jobs included monitor for a phone sex line.
- Owned a comedy club in Baltimore, MD, in 1994 called Mo'Nique's.
- Cohosted a morning radio show in Baltimore in the early 1990s.
- First TV role was on the series The Parkers, debuting in 1999. She would go on to win four NAACP Image Awards as Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series.
- Became the first woman, in 2002, to host the syndicated show Showtime at the Apollo.
- Published her first book, Skinny Women Are Evil: Notes of a Big Girl in a Small-Minded World, in 2003.
- Created and starred in Mo'Nique's Fat Chance, the first reality-TV beauty pageant for full-figured women.
- The Mo'Nique Show, a late-night talk show, premiered on BET in 2009.
- 2010, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Winner
- 2009, Sundance Film Festival — Special Jury Prize for Acting (Dramatic): Winner
- 2015, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Limited Series Or A Movie: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actress in a Movie or Limited Series: Nominee
- 2010, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Winner
- 2009, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Winner
- 2009, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 2010, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- Steven Imes — Brother
- Alice Imes — Mother
- Millicent Imes — Sister
- Shalon Watkins Jr. — Son
- David Hicks — Son
- Marvin Dawson — Ex-fiancé
- Shalon Watkins Sr. — Ex-husband
- Mark Jackson Jr. — Son
- Sidney Hicks — Husband
- Jonathan Hicks — Son
- Gerald Imes — Brother
- Mark Jackson Sr. — Ex-husband
- Steven Imes Jr. — Father
- Attended Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Monique Imes
- Birth Place: Woodlawn, MD
- Birthday: December 11, 1967, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor, Comedian, Talk-show host, Author
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
Art imitates life!