- Began singing in the church choir when she was 4 years old.
- Was discovered at the age of 12 by music producer Dallas Austin.
- Had her first hit single with "Don't Take It Personal (Just One of Dem Days)" in 1995.
- Was the youngest female singer ever to have two back-to-back No. 1 hits on Billboard's R&B chart ("Don't Take It Personal" and "Before You Walk Out of My Life").
- Her 1998 duet with Brandy, "The Boy Is Mine," spent 13 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard charts.
- Witnessed her boyfriend Jarvis Weems commit suicide in 2000.
- Another boyfriend, Corey "C-Murder" Miller, was sentenced to life in prison for a 2002 murder.
- Also models and acts.
- 1998, Grammy — Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals: Winner
- Marilyn Best — Mother
- Shannon Brown — Husband
- Rocko — Ex-significant Other
- M.C. Arnold Jr. — Father
- Corey "C-Murder" Miller — Ex-significant Other
- Jarvis Weems — Ex-significant Other
- Montez Arnold — Brother
- Rodney Ramone Hill III — Son
- Romelo Montez Hill — Son
- Edward Best — Stepfather
- Laiyah Shannon — Daughter
- Birth Name: Monica Denise Arnold
- Birth Place: College Park, Georgia, United States
- Profession: Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
Take the help, Reid