Molly Shannon Celebrity
- Survived an automobile accident at the age of 4 that killed her mother, one of her sisters and a cousin.
- Took improv classes at NYU with Adam Sandler, whose last season on Saturday Night Live was her first.
- Came to fame on SNL with characters like Catholic school girl Mary Katherine Gallagher and "licensed joyologist" Helen Madden.
- Appeared in Sheryl Crow's 1997 video for "A Change Would Do You Good."
- Has an uncredited cameo role in the 2001 Jack Black film Shallow Hal, as Hal's mother.
- In 2010, she joined the Broadway cast of Promises, Promises as barfly Marge MacDougall.
- In 2011, published a children's book, Tilly the Trickster, with a title character who is, in Shannon's words, "an imperfectly perfect role model," based on her own kids, who like to play (harmless) tricks. ("Embrace the silliness and fun of life," Shannon suggests.)
- 2000, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Mary Shannon Beatty — Sister
- Stella Shannon Chestnut — Daughter
- Fritz Chesnut — Husband
- James Shannon — Father
- Katie Shannon — Sister
- Nolan Shannon Chestnut — Son
- Margaret Shannon — Mother
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY (BFA in Drama, 1987)