- Performed with her father Robert Ringwald's band when she was 4, and released an album, I Wanna Be Loved by You—Molly Sings, at the age of 6.
- Made her professional stage debut at the age of 5 in a production of The Grass Harp.
- First TV role was on The New Mickey Mouse Club in 1977.
- Star-making turn came in 1984, when she played awkward high-schooler Samantha Baker in John Hughes' coming-of-age hit Sixteen Candles.
- Reteamed with Hughes for the '80s classics The Breakfast Club (1985) and Pretty in Pink (1986).
- Landed on the cover of the May 26, 1986, issue of Time magazine, with the headline "Ain't She Sweet."
- Turned down starring roles in 1990 blockbusters Pretty Woman and Ghost; the parts went to Julia Roberts and Demi Moore, respectively.
- Generated some controversy when she appeared nude in the 1995 thriller Malicious.
- Made her Broadway debut in 1999, starring as Sally Bowles in the musical Cabaret.
- Has written book reviews for Connecticut's Hartford Courant and entertainment profiles for New York's Journal News.
- 1983, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Nominee
- Robert Scott Ringwald — Father
- Anthony Michael Hall — Ex-significant Other
- Mathilda Ereni — Daughter
- Roman Stylianos Ringwald Gianopoulous — Son
- Valery Lameignere — Ex-husband
- Kelly Ringwald — Brother
- Adam Horovitz — Ex-significant Other
- Adele Georgiana Ringwald Gianopoulous — Daughter
- Adele — Mother
- Beth Ringwald — Sister
- Dweezil Zappa — Ex-significant Other
- Panio Gianopoulos — Husband
- Birth Name: Molly Kathleen Ringwald
- Birth Place: Roseville, California, United States
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
The Walking Dead returns to a mysterious colony with a lot of guns