Missy Peregrym Celebrity Watchlist
A statuesque model who inevitably turned to acting, this Canada-born up-and-comer wasn't always a glamour girl. A self-declared tomboy in her youth, Peregrym excelled in myriad sports, including field hockey, soccer and basketball, and even considered a ca… (more)
Birth Name: Melissa Peregrym
Birth Place: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Birthday: June 16, 1982, Gemini
Profession: Actor, Model
A statuesque model who inevitably turned to acting, this Canada-born up-and-comer wasn't always a glamour girl. A self-declared tomboy in her youth, Peregrym excelled in myriad sports, including field hockey, soccer and basketball, and even considered a career as a gym teacher before modeling became her métier at age 18. After making her TV debut on an episode of the cult sci-fi series Dark Angel, Peregrym popped up in guest spots on various shows (Smallville, Jake 2.0) before landing a regular role on the teen drama Life as We Know It. Although it was short-lived, the series earned the brunette beauty an avid adolescent fan base, which helped turn her 2006 film debut Stick It into a minor hit. Seemingly tailor-made for Peregrym, the vehicle capitalized on her good looks and athletic background by casting her as a talented but rebellious gymnast. The next year, the starlet signed on to her highest-profile part to date, as a cold and calculating illusionist on Heroes. In 2007, Peregrym further enhanced her geek cred with the role of Andi in Reaper, a cult comedy-horror series that lasted two seasons on the CW. In an odd coincidence, Peregrym took her character's first name from Reaper to her next job, playing a rookie cop named Andy (with a "y" this time) in ABC's Rookie Blue.
- Father is a minister.
- Modeled for Mercedes-Benz, Sprint Canada and the Olympics.
- Was working steadily as a model when her agency sent her on an audition for Dark Angel. That part led to other small roles on series like The Chris Isaak Show and Smallville.
- Trained for four months for her role as a rebellious gymnast in 2006's Stick It.
- Appeared in the music video for Missy Elliot's "We Run This."
- Enjoys soccer, basketball and snowboarding.
- Ben Roethlisberger — Ex-significant Other
- Vanessa Peregrym — Niece
- Cassandra — Sister
- Darryl Peregrym — Father
- Amanda — Sister
- Zachary Levi — Husband
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative