- Wanted to be a comedian since the age of 6.
- Played lacrosse while at Downe House.
- Influences include Eric Morecambe; Tony Hancock; Joyce Grenfell; and French and Saunders.
- First gained notice as a stand-up comedian at Scotland's Edinburgh Festival and on the London circuit.
- Broke through to public acclaim in Britain in 2008 with her old-school BBC comedy series Miranda.
- Supports Comic Relief, where she used to work as a personal assistant to the grants director.
- Transitioned to drama with the BBC/PBS series Call the Midwife.
- 2016, BAFTA Television Awards — Best Female Performance In A Comedy Programme: Nominee
- Diana Margaret Luce Dyke — Mother
- Alice — Sister
- David Hart Dyke — Father
- University of the West of England, Bristol, England (Politics); Attended the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts, Wadsworth, London, England
- Birth Name: Miranda Katharine Hart Dyke
- Birth Place: Torquay, Devon, England
- Birthday: December 14, 1972, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor, Writer, Comedian
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans