To many, she's best known as the first Mrs. Tom Cruise. Yet Mimi Rogers has worked steadily on both the big and small screens since the early '80s, even though she's never truly become a star. Equally adept at comedy and drama, Rogers earned critical acclaim for her performance as a swinger-turned-born-again Christian in the 1991 indie The Rapture, an interesting role for a devout Scientologist. But she gained more exposure from her 1993 Playboy spread and her supporting turns in blockbusters such as Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery and Lost in Space. Rogers subsequently focused on television work, joining the casts of short-lived sitcoms the Geena Davis Show and, a few years later, The Loop. Since then, Rogers has continued to work steadily in indie features while keeping one foot in the TV world, appearing on the TBS hit My Boys and voicing characters on the animated comedies King of the Hill and Neighbors from Hell.
- Skipped several grades and graduated from high school at 14.
- Worked as a drug-abuse counselor before going into acting.
- Made her big-screen debut in the 1983 baseball comedy Blue Skies Again.
- Introduced former husband Tom Cruise to Scientology.
- Posed nude in Playboy in 1993.
- Has been a regular on several short-lived series, including Paper Dolls, the Geena Davis Show and The Loop.
- Is an avid poker player and has put in appearances on Celebrity Poker Showdown and World Poker Tour: Hollywood Home Game.
- 1992, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- Charlie Ciaffa — Son
- Chris Ciaffa — Husband
- Philip J. Spickler — Father
- Jim Rogers — Ex-husband
- Lucy Ciaffa — Daughter
- Paul Spickler — Brother
- Tom Cruise — Ex-husband
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Miriam Spickler
- Birth Place: Coral Gables, FL
- Birthday: January 27, 1956, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor, Producer
- User Rating: