A heartthrob who came to prominence on the small screen, Ventimiglia made viewers swoon as Alexis Bledel's brooding, on-again, off-again love interest on Gilmore Girls
. Their chemistry carried over into real life as the pair became a couple for a time off screen as well. In 2003 he signed on to star in his own spin-off, but when that project fell through he jumped networks (and many decades) with a recurring role as a 1960s radical on the period saga American Dreams
. While his next series, the college drama The Bedford Diaries
, came and went, Ventimiglia was quickly snatched up for the fantasy drama Heroes
in 2006. That same year, the actor — a veteran of low-rent horror flicks — made a bid for mainstream big-screen stardom playing Sylvester Stallone's son in the sixth Rocky
installment, Rocky Balboa
. Off camera, Ventimiglia directed and produced It's a Mall World
, a series of comedic shorts made for American Eagle Outfitters, through his production company, Divide Pictures. He also expanded his repertoire into the world of print when Divide put out two comic-book series, Rest
When he's not working, Ventimiglia devotes his time to supporting the USO and veterans services, including the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.Milo Ventimiglia Fast Facts:
- Interned at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- Was once asked by an agent to shorten his last name to Venti.
- Crooked smile is the result of dead nerves in his face which cause his lower lip to remain limp.
- Co-owns the production company Divide Pictures with partner Russ Cundiff. The pair also created Divide Social Club, a clothing company and digital-content creator, with Dino DeMilio in 2005.
- In his spare time, enjoys doing home projects and considers himself a "motorhead" with a passion for muscle cars.
- Is an accomplished cook.
- Milo Ventimiglia Relationships:
- Carol Ventimiglia - Mother
- Alexis Bledel - Ex-significant Other
- Rose Ventimiglia - Sister
- Hayden Panettiere - Ex-significant Other
- Peter Ventimiglia - Father
- Attended University of California, Los Angeles, CA