- Went to grammar school with John F. Kennedy in Brookline, MA.
- Worked as an announcer for a radio station in Grand Rapids, MI, in 1939.
- Did commercials for the radio shows The Green Hornet and Secret Agent.
- Acted in the Broadway play Reclining Figure in 1954.
- Was the host of several TV game shows in the 1950s.
- Turned down an offer to become Richard Nixon's press secretary after covering the 1968 GOP convention.
- Received a Lifetime Achievement Emmy in 2003 (to go with his 19 News Emmys); was inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame in 1991.
- Conducted his last interview for 60 Minutes with baseball player Roger Clemens in 2008.
- 1958, Golden Globe — Television Achievement: Winner
- Norma Kaphan — Ex-wife
- Zina Wallace — Mother
- Frank Wallace — Father
- Lorraine Wallace — Ex-wife
- Pauline Wallace — Daughter
- Chris Wallace — Son
- Mary Wallace — Wife
- Peter Wallace — Son
- Buff Cobb — Ex-wife
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (BA in Liberal Arts, 1939)
Trending TonightSee all »
60 Minutes Verbatim: Who Said What to Whom : The Complete Text of 114 Stories With Mike Wallace, Morley Safer, Dan Rather, Harry Reasoner, and Andy
By Arno PrTemporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item. Buy New: $22.75 (as of 3:07 PM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $9.95 (as of 3:07 PM UTC - more info)
By A & E ModUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $27.49 (as of 3:07 PM UTC - more info)