- Sang professionally with the Baltimore opera.
- Sold man-made diamonds as a QVC host and claims to have sold more than $100 million in merchandise.
- Hosted in-flight video features, On Air TV, for American Airlines.
- Spent three years as host of Evening Magazine in San Francisco.
- Has appeared in commercials for Tylenol, Ford, Lee Jeans, Caterpillar and, with his parents, Viva paper towels.
- Voice of Discovery's Deadliest Catch Alaskan crab-fishing series.
- Estimated that he's narrated 1000 hours of television, including TBS's Worst Case Scenario, History Channel's The Most, and as a Discovery Channel staple involved with Egypt Week Live, Deadliest Catch and now Dirty Jobs.
- Launched a website, MikeRoweWorks.com, in 2008 to bring attention to the decline of the blue-collar trades and the deteriorating American infrastructure.
- 2003, Emmy — Outstanding Animated Program (for Programming Less Than One Hour): Nominee
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Reality Program: Nominee
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Reality Program: Nominee
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Reality Program: Nominee
- John Rowe — Father
- Peggy Rowe — Mother
- Attended Essex Community College, Essex, Maryland, United States; Towson State University, Towson, Maryland, United States
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Michael Gregory Rowe
- Birth Place: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- Profession: Actor, TV host
Trending TonightSee all »
The Amazing Race returns
Discovery Channel's - Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe: Volume 3 Sewer Inspector / Pig Farming / Ostrich Farming
By Discovery Communications, Inc.Buy New: $15.95