Born in France but based in Los Angeles since his teens, this leading man filmed his first few movies in Europe before making his Hollywood debut with a small part in the drag road picture To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. While he earned rave reviews for his role in the dysfunctional family indie The Myth of Fingerprints, he earned his first taste of fame for his romantic turn in Never Been Kissed in 1999. But true stardom eluded Vartan until he landed a part on the small-screen spy saga Alias. During his tenure, he had a brief relationship with his on-screen love interest, Jennifer Garner. This versatile actor is bilingual (French and English) and has a penchant for painting and playing guitar in his spare time.
- Moved to Los Angeles from France at 18 to live with his mother, who encouraged him to pursue acting.
- Wanted to be a professional pool player before he became an actor.
- Nephew of 1960s French singing superstars Sylvie Vartan and Johnny Hallyday.
- Hobbies include painting and playing guitar.
- Avid hockey player and fan of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings, as well as baseball's New York Mets.
- On his role in an ad campaign for the NHL's Stanley Cup, he told Sports Illustrated in 2004: "I've worked with some of the hottest women in Hollywood, and it's by far the most nervous I've been on camera. The moment I saw the Cup I got the chills. The first 10 takes I flubbed every line."
- Doris Vartan — Mother
- Jennifer Garner — Ex-significant Other
- Eddie Vartan — Father
- David Hallyday — Cousin
- Johnny Hallyday — Uncle
- Lauren Skaar — Wife (separated)
- Sylvie Vartan — Aunt
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Boulogne-Billancourt , France
- Birthday: November 27, 1968, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor