Born in France but based in Los Angeles since his teens, this leading man filmed his first few movies in Europe before making his Hollywood debut with a small part in the drag road picture To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar
. While he earned rave reviews for his role in the dysfunctional family indie The Myth of Fingerprints
, he earned his first taste of fame for his romantic turn in Never Been Kissed
in 1999. But true stardom eluded Vartan until he landed a part on the small-screen spy saga Alias
. During his tenure, he had a brief relationship with his on-screen love interest, Jennifer Garner. This versatile actor is bilingual (French and English) and has a penchant for painting and playing guitar in his spare time.Michael Vartan Fast Facts:
- Moved to Los Angeles from France at 18 to live with his mother, who encouraged him to pursue acting.
- Wanted to be a professional pool player before he became an actor.
- Nephew of 1960s French singing superstars Sylvie Vartan and Johnny Hallyday.
- Hobbies include painting and playing guitar.
- Avid hockey player and fan of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings, as well as baseball's New York Mets.
- On his role in an ad campaign for the NHL's Stanley Cup, he told Sports Illustrated in 2004: "I've worked with some of the hottest women in Hollywood, and it's by far the most nervous I've been on camera. The moment I saw the Cup I got the chills. The first 10 takes I flubbed every line."
- Michael Vartan Relationships:
- Doris Vartan - Mother
- David Hallyday - Cousin
- Eddie Vartan - Father
- Sylvie Vartan - Aunt
- Johnny Hallyday - Uncle
- Lauren Skaar - Wife (separated)
- Jennifer Garner - Ex-significant Other