- Raised in Port Talbot, Wales, the same town that produced Richard Burton and Anthony Hopkins.
- Father worked as a Jack Nicholson impersonator.
- Was offered a place on the Arsenal youth team when he was 12, but turned it down because his father thought he was too young.
- Known for playing real-life characters, such as Tony Blair in the 2003 TV-movie The Deal and again in the 2006 film The Queen.
- Originated the role of David Frost in the 2006 West End production of Frost/Nixon; reprised the role in 2007 on Broadway and in the 2008 film version.
- Awarded as an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the Queen's New Year Honours on December 31, 2008.
- 2006, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2014, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2004, Olivier Awards — Best Actor: Nominee
- 2011, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2000, Olivier Awards — Best Actor: Nominee
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Lily Mo Sheen — Daughter
- Caroline Sheen — Cousin
- Rachel McAdams — Ex-significant Other
- Meyrick Sheen — Father
- Kate Beckinsale — Ex-significant Other
- Irene Sheen — Mother
- Joanne Maclennan — Sister
- Lorraine Stewart — Ex-significant Other
- Sarah Silverman — Significant Other
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England (1991)
Season 13, Episode 64
- Birth Place: Newport, Monmouthshire, Wales
- Birthday: February 5, 1969, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: