Michael Shannon Celebrity Watchlist
- Started acting so he could get out of playing sports.
- Is a founding member of A Red Orchid Theatre in Chicago, where he originated the role of Peter in Bug. He went on to reprise the role, opposite Ashley Judd, in the 2007 film version.
- Made his film debut in 1993's Groundhog Day.
- Portrayed the abusive boyfriend of Eminem's mother (played by Kim Basinger) in 8 Mile.
- During an emotional scene in his audition for Revolutionary Road, the casting director told him that she had "never felt so personally wounded by an actor's reading."
- Both parents have been married five times.
- 2011, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2008, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2010, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2014, Independent Spirit Awards — Robert Altman Award: Winner
- Sylvia Grace Arrington Shannon — Daughter
- Ellen Shannon — Stepmother
- Kate Arrington — Significant Other
- Dr. Donald S. Shannon — Father
- Geraldine Hine — Mother
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage