Michael Rosenbaum may forever be known as Superman's arch nemesis Lex Luthor after portraying the bald baddie for seven seasons on Smallville. The New York-born but Indiana-raised Rosenbaum snatched the plum role after starring on two other short-lived WB series, The Tom Show and Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane and regularly appearing on Late Night With Conan O'Brien in the popular "Amsterdam Kids" skits. In college, Rosenbaum excelled at sports and drama and spent his summers doing regional theater. After graduation, he tried his luck in New York, but real success came when he relocated to Hollywood and landed roles in Clint Eastwood's Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and the horror flick Urban Legend before shaving his head to play the evil Luthor. Rosenbaum expanded his comic-book repertoire as an in-demand voice-over artist on Teen Titans, The Justice League, Batman Beyond and Jackie Chan Adventures. He also appeared in several movies, including the indie drama Poolhall Junkies, the frat-house comedy Sorority Boys and the Steve Martin vehicle Bringing Down the House.
- Is a guitarist, and played and sang "Brown-Eyed Girl" at Smallville costar Tom Welling's wedding.
- Was once mistaken for a real criminal by a Vancouver police officer who was certain Rosenbaum, who resembled a suspect in a photo, was a thief. A store manager finally convinced him that Rosenbaum was just "the bald guy on Smallville."
- Has been an in-demand voice-over artist for animated series, including The Justice League, Batman Beyond and Jackie Chan Adventures.
- Is an avid New York Rangers fan.
- Enjoys playing in celebrity hockey games to raise money for charities, including the Ronald McDonald House.
- Uncle is nationally revered pet expert Warren Eckstein, who often works on TV and film productions.
- Julie Rosenbaum — Mother
- Warren Eckstein — Uncle
- Eric Rosenbaum — Brother
- Mark Rosenbaum — Father
- Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States (BA in Theatre and Communications, 1995)