Michael Palin Celebrity Watchlist
- Fell off the stage during his first public performance as a child, when he played Martha Cratchit in a school production of A Christmas Carol.
- Formed a comedy-writing team while attending Brasenose College with fellow future Monty Python member Terry Jones.
- Along with Jones, was hired to write for the Frost Report, a BBC sketch comedy show that also employed future Python members Graham Chapman, John Cleese and Eric Idle.
- Has done a number of travel documentaries for the BBC, beginning with an episode of Great Railway Journeys of the World in 1980.
- Based his character in the comedy A Fish Called Wanda (1988) on his father Edward, who stuttered.
- Traveled from the North to South Pole for a travel program called Pole to Pole in 1992.
- Lent his name to London's Michael Palin Centre for Stammering Children, which opened in 1993.
- Has an asteroid named for him, 9621 Michaelpalin.
- Serves as the president of Transport 2000, which lobbies for sustainable transportation, such as bikes, buses and trains.
- 1983, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Original Song Written for a Film: Nominee
- 1988, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- Mary Rachel Lockhart Ovey — Mother
- Thomas Palin — Son
- Richard Lockhart Ovey — Grandfather
- Edward Moreton Palin — Father
- William Michael Palin — Son
- Rachel Palin — Daughter
- Helen Gibbins — Wife
- University of Oxford, Brasenose College, Oxford, England (1965)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage