- Scored four No. 1 hits ("I Want You Back," "ABC," "The Love You Save" and "I'll Be There") with the Jackson 5 in 1970 when he was 12.
- His first solo No. 1 single was "Ben," from the movie of the same name, in 1972.
- His Thriller is the best-selling album in history. From its debut in 1982 through 1995, it sold more than a million copies a year.
- Premiered his most famous dance move, the moonwalk, in 1983 on NBC's Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever.
- In 1985, paid $40 million for the rights of much of the Beatles' song catalogue.
- A 1993 appearance on Oprah Winfrey drew 62 million viewers.
- Was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, along with his brothers, in 1997; was inducted again, as a solo artist, in 2001.
- 1990, Emmy — Outstanding Achievement in Music and Lyrics: Nominee
- 1983, Grammy — Producer of the Year, Non-Classical: Winner
- 1985, Grammy — Song of the Year: Winner
- 1983, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1979, Grammy — Best Male R&B Vocal Performance: Winner
- 1984, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Music Video: Winner
- 1983, Grammy — Album of the Year: Winner
- 1983, Grammy — Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 1989, Grammy — Best Short Form Music Video: Winner
- 1984, Grammy — Best Long Form Music Video: Winner
- 1983, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 1984, People's Choice Awards — Favorite All-Around Male Entertainer: Winner
- 1983, Grammy — Best R&B Song: Winner
- 1983, Grammy — Best Recording for Children: Winner
- 1983, Grammy — Best Male R&B Vocal Performance: Winner
- 1989, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Music Video: Winner
- 1983, Grammy — Best Male Rock Vocal Performance: Winner
- 1995, Grammy — Best Short Form Music Video: Winner
- Joe Jackson — Father
- Prince Michael Jackson I — Son
- Janet Jackson — Sister
- La Toya Jackson — Sister
- Randy Jackson — Brother
- Lisa Marie Presley — Ex-wife
- Paris Jackson — Daughter
- Prince Michael Jackson II — Son
- Tito Jackson — Brother
- Debbie Rowe — Ex-wife
- Jermaine Jackson — Brother
- Jackie Jackson — Brother
- Katherine Jackson — Mother
- Marlon Jackson — Brother
- Rebbie Jackson — Sister
- Birth Name: Michael Joseph Jackson
- Birth Place: Gary, Indiana, United States
- Died: June 25, 2009
- Profession: Singer, Dancer, Composer, Record producer, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters
By Clink Street PublishingBuy New: $14.99
- Buy New: $3.99
By Weinstein BooksBuy New: $19.48