- Caught the acting bug after he saw a college stage production of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Did an extra year in undergrad school to avoid serving in the Vietnam War.
- Made his Broadway debut in Bent; his portrayal of Greta, a cross-dressing nightclub owner, earned him a Drama Desk nomination for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play.
- Won an Obie Award in 1982 for his performance in the off-Broadway play No End to Blame.
- Received a Best Actor Drama-Logue Award in 1986 for his theatrical work in The Real Thing.
- Met his wife on the Family Ties' set, where she worked as one of the casting directors.
- Took his wife to her father's grave site when he proposed to her.
- Shares the same birth date and year with his Family Ties costar, Meredith Baxter, who played his wife.
- Mary Gross — Sister
- Elza Bergeron — Wife
- Katharine — Stepdaughter
- William Gross — Father
- Virginia Gross — Mother
- Theodore — Stepson
- University of Illinois at Chicago Circle, Chicago, Illinois, United States (BA in Speech and Theatre, 1970); Yale University, School of Drama, New Haven, Connecticut, United States (MFA in Acting, 1973)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more