- Caught the acting bug after he saw a college stage production of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Did an extra year in undergrad school to avoid serving in the Vietnam War.
- Made his Broadway debut in Bent; his portrayal of Greta, a cross-dressing nightclub owner, earned him a Drama Desk nomination for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play.
- Won an Obie Award in 1982 for his performance in the off-Broadway play No End to Blame.
- Received a Best Actor Drama-Logue Award in 1986 for his theatrical work in The Real Thing.
- Met his wife on the Family Ties' set, where she worked as one of the casting directors.
- Took his wife to her father's grave site when he proposed to her.
- Shares the same birth date and year with his Family Ties costar, Meredith Baxter, who played his wife.
- Mary Gross — Sister
- Elza Bergeron — Wife
- Katharine — Stepdaughter
- Virginia Gross — Mother
- Theodore — Stepson
- William Gross — Father
- Yale University, School of Drama, New Haven, CT (MFA in Acting, 1973); University of Illinois at Chicago Circle, Chicago, IL (BA in Speech and Theatre, 1970)
Season 10, Episode 16
- Birth Place: Chicago, IL
- Birthday: June 21, 1947, Gemini
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: