- Spent a month after college working for a casting agent, which quickly led to his debut film role as Motown in the 1987 Vietnam War movie Hamburger Hill.
- Received the Alumni Achievement Award from Western Illinois University in 1997.
- Nominated in the Image Awards' Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category every year from 1998 through 2001 for Spin City; also nominated for the Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series Award in 2002 and 2003 for Arli$$.
- Writes science-fiction novels as a sideline to his acting work.
- Has been an avid collector of comic books since he was in third grade.
- Daniel Boatman — Father
- Jordan Boatman — Daughter
- Gwendolyn Pugh — Mother
- Myrna Forney — Wife
- Mackenzie Boatman — Daughter
- Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL (BA in Theater, 1987)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Michael Patrick Boatman
- Birth Place: Colorado Springs, CO
- Profession: Actor, Writer
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead